Why do we have a School Uniform Policy?
- We believe that school uniform helps to promote a feeling of belonging.
- We want children to take pride in their appearance.
- To provide clear guidance on the school uniform requirements.
- To provide clear guidelines on what the children can and cannot wear in terms of jewellery.
- To provide clear guidelines on children’s appearance.
What is the School Uniform?
- School uniform long or short grey trousers. Trousers must be tailored and full length, no other style is permitted. Shorts must be uniform shorts and not PE or casual style.
- Maroon sweatshirt or sweatshirt cardigan, with or without school logo.
- White polo shirt, with or without school logo.
- Maroon pleated skirt or pinafore dress.
- White, grey, maroon or black socks or tights – grey socks for boys. Please note: Sports or trainer socks are not permitted.
- Black school shoes or plain trainer style shoes. Please note: Children are not permitted to wear mules, sling backs, peep toes or high heeled fashion shoes.
- From the start of the Summer Term red and white checked dresses may be worn.
- White socks. Please note: Sports or trainer socks are not permitted.
- White crew neck tee shirt – plain or with school logo.
- Plain black shorts.
- Trainers or plimsolls – these are not for general school wear.
- Plain black Jogging bottoms only are allowed - please refer to Schoolwear Inc our online school uniform supplier.
- PE Kit must be in school every day.
- Earrings must be removed for all PE lessons.
Please note PE kits should not be branded with any logos except the Cheam Fields Logo.
- Girls – all in one swimsuit.
- Boys – close fitting trunks; please note long and baggy fashion swimming trunks are not allowed for safety reasons.
- Swimming hat.
- Swimming kit must be brought to school in a small bag (i.e. draw string) on the morning of the swimming lesson and taken home at the end of the day.
- Earrings must be removed for swimming lessons.
Jewellery and Make Up
- Children may if they wish come to school wearing small stud earring; please note no more that a single pair. No other jewellery is permitted.
- Children are not permitted to wear nail varnish, make-up or any type of tattoos (including the stick on variety) to school.
- Hair styles must be simple and straightforward; Extreme hair styles are not permitted.
- Long hair must be tied back for reasons of hygiene, safety and to enable children to learn and play without distraction.
- If you have any difficulty in complying with the school Uniform Policy on financial, medical or ethical grounds, please make an appointment to speak with the Headteacher.
Where can I buy School uniform?
- Our school uniform is designed to be simple and cheap to buy.
- Our school uniform supplier is Schoolwear Inc.
- Many items of uniform are available from a variety of stores.
- Make sure every item of school uniform and clothing bought to school is named.
- A good way to name uniform, particularly if you don’t like sewing, is to order name tags from Attach A Tag (No sewing or ironing required!) Cheam Fields receives 10% commission on orders. If you would like to order please click on the link to visit their website.
The school cannot accept any responsibility for any lost items.