Our Parent, Teacher and Friends Association is dedicated to developing a strong school community by organising social and fun events to raise funds to provide extra facilities for the children.
In recent years we have provided:
- Interactive white boards for classrooms
- Digital cameras for each class
- Prizes for the children’s Christmas parties
- Tea and coffee for parent helpers
- Plants for the nursery
- Play equipment for lunch times
- PA system for the school
- A substantial donation to the new swimming pool
- Trim Trail to provide the children with an extra outside play area that can be used all year round
- Donation to convert the old cloakroom into a Library
- A class set of iPads
We pay for fun events for the children, for example, the Easter Egg Hunt and the Year 6 Leavers’ Disco. We also pay any expenses for the upkeep of the of the school guinea pigs, rabbits and chickens.
We are now raising money to further develop the outside areas of the school. To enable us to provide these extras, we hold many fund raising events. Recent events include:
- Christmas and Summer Fairs
- Quiz nights
- Discos for the Children
- Roller-skating and scootering sessions
- Cake, sweet and Krispy Kreme Doughnut sales
- Ladies pamper evening
- Monthly Lucky Number draw
As a registered charity we are able to obtain donations for raffle prizes from many organisations and also to take part in the £ for £ (or matched funding) scheme; employers will match the amount of money their employee raises on a stall at our fairs. Many large employers take part in this scheme, for example, Barclays, HSBC, Legal and General and Sainsbury’s and many more – check if your employer is one of them!
We are always open to ideas, offers of help and new members. You can contact the PTFA by leaving a note with the office staff or by speaking to a member of the committee.